Most limited companies in Ireland are legally required to register for Corporation Tax (CT) with The Office of the Revenue Commissioners (Revenue) within 4 weeks from the date of first income. If no income has yet been received, then the period for registration is within 12 months from the incorporation date.
CT Registration is a necessary minimum and of highest priority when setting up as it entails attribution of a Tax Registration Number (TRN) for your company, while Registration for Employers Tax (PAYE), Relevant Contract Tax (RCT), Value Added Tax (VAT) is rather secondary and based on CT Registration.
Entrust СT Registration at The Office of the Revenue Commissioners to Chern & Co team of professionals.
· Registration of your limited company on ROS.ie for CT
· Consultation on how to account for corporation tax on your bookkeeping if needed
Please note: If you want your company to be registered for Corporation Tax, Employer Tax (PAYE) and Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT) at once, there is such an option. 3 in 1 Registration costs 150€, the same as CT Registration alone! When ordered separately it may cost up to 350€.
If you are not sure whether you need Registration for Employer Tax (PAYE) and Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT) please contact us or read more:
· Filing or preparing your corporation tax regularly
· Our team acting as your accountant
Please note: If you need the abovementioned options feel free to discover our accounting services!
1. You contact us any way available. We will answer all your questions and concerns and not charge extra for that.
2. Agree on the Service and finalise the list of optional extras if you need some.
3. We are preparing an invoice for payment and a service contract.
4. After payment is received, we send you a list of all the information required for our further work, including your personal data, and supporting documents. We will provide you with detailed and comprehensive instructions to this end.
5. We do all relevant work and prepare required documents in a timely way and submit the application for CT Registration to the Revenue online via ROS as your company’s tax agent.
6. When the procedure of registration with Revenue is over, you will get the TRN of your company.
7. And we are done! We handled bureaucratic steps so that you can focus on building your business empire.
Please note: We are mandated to collect and verify proof of ID and address to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations as well as other legal acts. We value the privacy of our clients and guarantee complete security and confidentiality of all data received.
To register your company for tax, you must first obtain a CRO number issued by the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
According to Revenue, if you have a tax agent representing your company, then your application for tax registration must be submitted through Revenue Online Service (ROS) by your tax agent on your behalf.
If your company is not represented by a tax agent, you must submit a Form TR2 for Irish resident companies or Form TR2 (FT) for foreign companies your own.
Please note: The above options are mutually exclusive. Revenue warns that they will not process your paper application if you were supposed to submit an online one.
Anyway, under existing laws, all the companies are required to make payments and returns by electronic means using ROS.
In case you opt for Corporation Tax registration with Revenue Service for your company, Chern & Co team can become your tax agent and go through the whole procedure on your behalf.
After successfully submitting the form to the Revenue and its further processing be Revenue you will be given a Tax Registration Number.
ROS is a digital service that provides contactless ways of interaction between taxpayers and Revenue when exercising rights and obligations in the field of taxation online.
This governmental online service allows, in particular:
· to view your current position for various taxes and levies
· file tax returns and forms
· make payments for your taxes online
A Tax Registration Number (TRN) is issued by Revenue when you register for tax as a sole trader, trust, partnership, or company. You must use your TRN when trading and filing your tax returns.
After finally getting the TRN, you are free to conduct all the business operations and to open a company business bank account, which you may need.
The Revenue Commissioner usually takes a minimum of 5 working days to issue your tax number (TRN) depending primarily on your application and other factors beyond our or your control. Practice shows that this procedure may take either a couple of weeks or a couple of months.
Please note: Chern & Co team will prepare your application and do all the relevant work in a timely way, but we cannot guarantee further registration time by official authorities. Registration may be delayed depending on the current workload and staff availability of Revenue.
Conducting bureaucratic formalities in Ireland has never been easier with Chern & Co. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We will answer all your questions and concerns and not charge extra for that.
Disclaimer: This content of this page is for acquainting purposes only and subject to change. It does not constitute any professional advice. No liability is accepted by Chern & Co for any actions taken or not taken in reliance on the information set out in this article. Professional, legal or tax advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action.